Tuesday 8 March 2016

5 Tips of Dealing With The Other Woman

Photo Courtesy of www.dreamstime.com
Abby was one of my childhood friends. We managed to remain BFFs throughout the phases of self-discovery and maturity.

The big day was quickly approaching and I was so happy for my friend that she was finally going to walk down the aisle with the man of her dreams.

It is saddening how fast things can turn around. Abby couldn’t believe what she had to deal with. Her ever-trusted fiance, Jake now proved to be like most of the guys who cheated on their girls. 

She couldn’t stop staring at Linzy’s number. She couldn’t even believe she had it in the first place. 

She had so many questions and could not control the emotions she was facing. Without knowing it she found herself at Linzy’s doorstep and soon enough staring at her.

"You must be Linzy! Finally, we meet."

1. Know Her Side of the Story

With the look on Linzy’s face, Abby could tell she had no idea. Being a lady who believed violence never is a solution, she decided to take the high road and seek to know the tale. 

Abby pretended to be a distant cousin to Jake and wanted to throw him a surprise party as he had been promoted at work. She started her investigation by digging deep into the love story between Linzy and Jake. She wanted to know how they met, their journey of love, and also future plans.

The fact-finding mission was getting emotional. Abby had mixed feelings both empathy and disgust towards Linzy. 
2. Put Her in Your Shoes

"What if you come to find out all he did was lie to you?" Abby asked Linzy.

This question really seemed to appear impossible to Linzy, who let out a chuckle and said how impossible that was. She defended her love and even showed Abby some of the expensive gifts she kept receiving and a ticket to Dubai for the weekend gate away.

3. Reveal Your Identity

"I am sorry to be the prophet of doom because your sweet Dubai trip may never happen. Jake has a fiance ."

"Are you crazy?"

"Unfortunately, I am not. Jake is going to marry me pretty soon!!"

Linzy almost fainted as the words cut through her excited heart and turned it black, dark, and crushed.
She started sobbing and refused to believe. 

Abby flashed her the engagement ring and a sample of a wedding invitation she had carried as evidence.

4. Handle Her Reaction

"You must be lying… This is a bad joke… It can’t be happening… You just want me to leave Jake and it is not happening... Leave my house before I do something regrettable!” Linzy shouted as she pushed Abby out.

"I am sorry Linzy, I came in peace and  I know it stinks to know the truth. Pull yourself together, you can do better." Abby responded as calmly as she could. 

"Go ahead and give him a call he can confirm my existence!!"

"Leave me alone!" Linzy yelled

Photo Courtesy of Stock Photos
5.  Declare your stand

"So you know, I am not leaving him." Abby declared.

She went on, 
" I have invested too much in this relationship and my wedding is going to push through. My only advise to you is, to step aside. 

He loves me and that is why he put a ring on me."


"We both know, He was going to dump you anytime soon, so do yourself a favor and leave before he forces you to." Abby ended her speech and left.

Linzy was having a cocktail of emotions and chose to hold her peace rather than respond to Abby.

Here are related articles: 

2 comments:

  1. What happens if she doesn't stop the affair? Or if she decided to break you up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To bad for you. In that case, confront you Fiance and come up with a grow up decision.

    ReplyDelete